Monday, June 21, 2010

First official day of summer.....

Good morning!

I must confess I am a bit draggy this morning.
Correction: a lot draggy!

I traveled to meet my husband at his parents' home this weekend. It was a "whirlwind" trip, but we had a really great time. Saturday evening they hosted supper to around 30 or so relatives, some of whom we had not seen in years! I arrived back home late last night and was awoken this morning just after 5:00 to what sounded like earth's entire aviary in my backyard. Any other time it would have been a joy to wake up to such sounds but this morning I grabbed another pillow and tossed it on my head in an attempt to drown their chirping out. It didn't work. I gave up and rolled out at 5:26 am.

I have been on the road a lot in recent months. Hands down I have traveled more in the past two months than my entire year last year, but I am building up "traveling endurance" and becoming quite the pro at coming and going. Like everything new there are stronger days of endurance than others, but I know by doing my endurance will increase.....right? Right!

I do pray you are beginning your week with more rest than I. But if you are not, take heart in knowing you have company! Together we will go in God's strength and be richly rewarded by sweet slumber tonight!

Praying for all my siblings out there.... especially the extra weary ones! ;o)
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment