Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The mid-point day of the mid-point month...

I simply cannot believe we are almost at the halfway point to this year! How did that happen? When did that happen?

Back a few months ago, I came across an article whose hypothesis was that as we age our brain speeds us, therefore giving us the perspective that time is going by at a faster rate. I suppose it sounds plausible to me..... especially this morning as I come face to face with the realization that nearly half this year is gone!

It is summer, and we are off from school. In the midst of having one foot planted in one state and having the other foot planted in a different state, we are truly trying to reside in the moment of wherever we happen to be on any given day.

This morning I will take the children to one of the free summer movies, and then I must continue to finish the final edits on the book. My goal is to sign off on it by week's end.

I pray you reflect with me on the passing of time and make the commitment to hone in on how Father wants you to spend your days. With Him, they will be rich and productive.... even at leisure.....because He orders the days according to His purpose. Without Him, days are painfully aimless!

Stay with Papa and let Him lead you!
And may you enjoy your "mid-point day of the mid-point month!"
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment