Friday, June 18, 2010

Whooooo!

Sorry --- I just can hardly contain my excitement! I am almost finished with the final edits to the book! I actually am going to get to fire this puppy back to the publisher this weekend! Oh, how I praise and thank Father for His grace that has and is seeing me through!

Apart from a lunch date today, I have not put down my laptop. It is now 5:09, and after a highly respectable day of labor, it is "break time." (Yes, I am sure I will be back at it tonight.)

About twenty minutes ago, one of my two older children just came in and gave me a look. If you are a parent, you probably know the look I am talking about. It is the look of "I am hungry and feeling a bit forgotten.... when are you coming up for air?"

My response, you ask?

"Okay, that look is the look of a toddler who only demands and never thinks about giving. You are not a toddler. It is good for you to give to me this time."

(End of story, but I didn't say that!)

Quietly --- and understandingly --- they left the room.

We need to encourage our children to stretch themselves even as we stretch.

Having said that... It is now indeed time for me to peel myself out of this chair and take the kiddos for pizza!

Rejoice with me, dear siblings, for the finish line is close at hand!
I can hardly wait for you to read it!

Hugs!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment