Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reflective Day...


What a reflective day of depth I have had.

I'm not sure Josh Groban's personal meaning behind the song "Remember When It Rained," but I know when I hear it I think, feel, hear, and see "God."

Long ago God's grace did rain down on me;
I heard Him call my name,
but in the darkness of this world I remain,
unable to avoid all pain.
(D. Kirby, 2010)

Do you feel this way too some times? A craving to breathe fresh, non-toxic air that fresh 'Rain' brings?

As I have listened to this song today, it reminds me to be thankful for His purifying water that brings hope. Yes, in His water I will remain -- so very thankful His water never drys up...

"Remember When It Rained"
(Josh Groban)

Wash away the thoughts inside
that keep my mind away from You.
No more love and no more pride.
The thoughts are all I have to do.

Remember when it rained,
felt the ground and looked up high
and called Your name.
Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

Tears of hope run down my skin,
Tears for You that will not dry.
They magnify the One within,
let the outside slowly die.

Remember when it rained,
I felt the ground and looked up
high and called Your name.
Remember when it rained,
in the water I remain.

(Bridge)Running down(x7)



This afternoon it began to rain outside....
so precious is He!


And then there is this....
(makes me just sink deep into Papa's arms tonight
with a heart of utter thanksgiving for who HE is!)

Because of Him, I am a mountain dweller!
How about YOU?



"There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly,
but when You come I am filled with wonder,
sometimes I think I glimpse eternity."

So unbelievably fabulous is my God! When I Googled the above lyrics, THIS is the FIRST link that popped up. You must check it out. If you have followed me at all for very long, you know God speaks to me in "tree." Oh how I love Him!

Giving thanks tonight for a God who intimately cares for and loves me....
I hope you know Him too!
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment