Thursday, March 3, 2011

What type of horse are you?

This morning I sat once again in the quiet of the house.... pondering as I often do.

This time I was pondering this passage:

"I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you
in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

Be not like the horse or the mule,
which lack understanding,
which must have their mouths held firm with bit and bridle,
or else they will not come with you.

Many are the sorrows of the wicked,
but he who trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans
on the Lord shall be compassed
about with mercy and with loving-kindness."
Psalm 32: 8-10


Are you the type of horse that stands off from the Lord?
Or are you the type of horse that yearns to be with Him?

The answers to these questions are rooted in trust.

I have posted a video below that is a physical demonstration of remarkable trust. I saw it last year. Even if you are like me and have seen it before, take the time to view it again ... and then take a moment to examine your own heart. I love that the rider is in white..... a symbolic picture in my mind of the Lord. I want to be as this horse
--- without need of bit or bridle, to not only draw near to Him, but to follow His every command instantly.

How about you?



Noteworthy, the rider dedicated this ride to her father.

How about dedicating your "life ride" to Abba Father today?

It's never too late to have a fresh start
with Him as your trainer, rider, and owner!

In Him, for Him, and through Him,
Deborah

PS: Take time to read and share the new teaching article: "Sounding Off Against Skewed Motives"

No comments:

Post a Comment