Friday, April 15, 2011

The Mute, The Blind

Precious Jesus,

Why do people not question what they are told, blindly following the blind? Things such as these I will never understand; but the cost of their choices, I am convinced, cannot be measured. It is great... great indeed.

I often wish I didn't care so much for the spiritually blind and the mute within the Body of Christ, but I conclude my care is not to be shaken from me. Oh Jesus, take me to the place where objective faith meets subjective faith that I may witness sight gifted back to the blind and speech gifted back to the mute.

Are we to be a people of mice or lions?

You are called The Lion of Judah. Are we not off-spring birthed from You and Your blood? Lions that are not to shrink back, but boldly survey the horizon and proclaim truth?

"
A lion, mighty among beasts, who retreats before nothing." Proverbs 30:30

May Your Body become one not based on carnal comfort and desire, but on Godly sight, even when the seen is ugly and marred, and on true voice that speaks for Your righteousness, not words that tickle man's ears. I am hungry as You are hungry for people to arise in righteousness, principle, and backbone. Oh, Jesus, fill my hunger with a Body that is beautiful at the core and not disguised at the surface!

I beseech You, my King, my Lord, and my Savior,
Deborah




1 comment:

  1. amen!!!!! truth and boldness, Jesus above all names.

    ReplyDelete