Wednesday, April 20, 2011

To Freeze a Night....

Tonight was one of many nights where I longed for the ability to freeze it as it was. After supper, I felt compelled to go on a walk. Moments into the walk I felt God beckon me to remove my glasses and walk with my eyes closed. I could almost feel Him slip His hand into mine as I obeyed His beckon. We took step after step together. At times, I just paused to take in the moment. We were walking together.

One fine, fine day He is His going to whisk me away. My breath catches in my throat at the mere thought of that day.

Tonight as I watched the sunset, the sky lit with what I call "cotton-candy" colors. The clouds formed the most incredible waves of color that just kept coming. I could have sat there for hours had I had the ability to freeze the moment. God is amazing; logic can't explain Him, physics can't apprehend Him, but when He wraps me in His arms ... when He opens His mouth to speak... when I lean my head upon His chest and feel His heartbeat... there is no denying He is more real than all I touch, see, smell, and hear. He is my God... my Savior... my Helper... my closest Friend... my All-in-all. My very life longs to melt into Him...

I might not have the ability to freeze time, but God did seem to hold the sky just so until I could scamper back to the house, grab the camera, and snap a picture. A memory frozen.

Enjoy what I took in tonight....



"Splendor and majesty are before Him;
strength and joy are in His dwelling place."

I Chronicles 16:27

I love You, Lord; I wholly love You!


No comments:

Post a Comment