Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday and what is to come....

Tonight I ran my children to youth group.... along with some kids from the neighborhood. The vehicle was packed, and I was thrilled! I am so delighted to see my children unashamed and openly sharing Jesus with those they come across. Whoohoo!

We had a fun time talking "shop" in the car. The conversation went like so when my eldest discovered my youngest was going to join them tonight:

"But, Mom, sometimes the conversation is a bit mature for him."

"We're talking about Colossians tonight," interjected my daughter.

"It'll be just fine," I said.

One of the neighborhood kids asked, "What is Colossians?"

Oh the joy of imparting Bible knowledge to the youth of today! All I could think was "Jesus, meet 'so-n-so', and 'so-n-so,' meet Jesus!" What an incredible opportunity to introduce three people to the One who makes my heart beat!

After dropping off the children, I rode home listening to a song on a CD. Honestly I pictured just taking flight into the heavenlies. The clouds just seemed to say, "Come on, join us!" Alas, my task here on earth has just barely begun, but my heart "amens" the lyrics: "Let me go home, I'm just too far from where You are; I want to come home..." Often times I experience such intense heartache just to go home and be with the One who I talk with ... the One I walk with.... the One who carries me along the way. Yep, the hunger between He and I tonight was tangible. If I could, I most certainly would have busted through the top of my car and taken flight into His arms. I suppose it was divinely wise of Him to disallow "ability to fly" in mankind's characteristics. But I am so thankful through the power of His Spirit I have full assurance that eventually my day will come, and I'll be able to answer not just the clouds beckon, but my Love's beckon to join Him! Glory!

Until then -- I'll keep doing what I am meant to do.... share Him with others. Two articles will be coming soon to JITM's website. One is entitled "The Mirror Within," and the other is "When God's Plan Feels More Like a Prison."

I love sharing the reality of God with people. He's not some ethereal, distant God. No! He is someone who desires to walk with you through your day -- hour by hour.

Life is meant to be a journey that leaves us more hungry for His presence at the end of each day than when we began our day. Read that again and then ask yourself: "Is this the case with me?" Be careful to give yourself an honest answer. God works with honesty!

Let me ask you this: Do you ever ask God at the end of your Sunday service, "Lord, is Your hunger for fellowship satisfied?" Or are your thoughts hijacked by thoughts of lunch and the afternoon? (Again -- honest answers, dear one; honest answers.)

Are we focused on leaving God "full," or are we more focused on being the one filled?

I desperately want God to not just know I adore Him, but be filled to overflowing with my active adoration every day I am gifted with breath.

What about you?

Just a few things to think about as you close your Sunday.....

Loving you tonight... Have a blessed week!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment