Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Coming Topics

In the next few weeks, I am going to be writing a series of topics entitled "Straight Talk." In my direct fashion, I will be addressing topics such as fornication, slothfulness, "Dangers in the Sea of Grace," and health and well-being, to name a few.

My hope is that those who have ears to hear will turn away from the cliff they are fast approaching and back to home base for a re-grounding.

The culture we live in today, along with the "tickle-the-ears" messages many hear each Sunday, has left a whole lot of people with very shallow roots. To be frank, if a storm came today, I believe a tremendous number of Christians would be blown down. Many have no clue why they believe what they say they believe. Many of those so-called beliefs are subjective, meaning they are not grounded in anything, but perhaps popular opinion. That is a BIG problem, dear ones.

Many Christians --- including LEADERS in the churches -- have defaulted to "fill-in-blank" Bible studies for their education and root growth. Gone are the days when LOCAL elder women taught the LOCAL younger women and the LOCAL elder men taught the LOCAL young men. Not intending to take aim at any particular person here, but I seriously doubt the widely-sold, popular "fill-in-the-blank" teachers ever intended to become every church on every corner's default teacher. We have become a lazy bunch of people... worse off than the proverbial couch potatoes, cramming "blanks" into our spirits and calling ourselves nourished.

Shame on us.

So, I am about to let loose.

I have observed, prayed, and studied for months, and now it's time.

If you're open, you'll learn a few things. At the very least, perhaps the writings will give you courage to stand against the popular current and dig a little deeper than you are right now.

If you're closed, you are going to get offended.
In short, I don't want to hear about it.

My goal is to reach the GOOD soil, equipping them to go deeper, and I'll leave the other soil types to God. He's the ONLY element who is able to change the soil type of people anyway.

Admittedly, I have been frustrated in the past as to why so few people who hear truth actually absorb it and change, but the Word's teaching on soil types have and will continue to hold me at a release point where others are concerned.

If people insist on going around the mountain "one more time," it's a pretty clear indicator what soil type they are.

If people just sit on the curb, so to speak, and do nothing, it's a pretty clear indicator what soil type they are.

If people cross their Jordan and take their land, it's a pretty clear indicator what soil type they are.

As I recently told a dear friend, it is always good to remember we do NOT toil for the results, but for the sowing. (READ THAT AGAIN.)

You and I can't change people, so if you're trying, for the love of that person, STOP.

Newsflash: God does not require YOUR blueprint for them! He is the Master Planner.

What we CAN do is encourage people in the truth of the WORD and pray those seeds take root in their lives.

I am way past a bit weary of certain people-types who run around, offering their two cents, a quarter, and even a whole dollar's worth about what so-and-so's problem is. It's one thing to ask for counsel; it's another thing to be "vomited on." Can I hear an "Amen?" (Thank you, I heard that!) You know the people I'm talking about. And why is it they routinely seem to be the very ones who make multiple trips around their own mountains?

Please hear me --- ALL we have to offer people is Jesus and the Word. Period.

We all start out as a great big ball of knots, and to presume any one of us knows the solution to untangle another's series of knots is utter stupidity. Let me ask you something? How good are you at untangling your OWN series of knots? Exactly.

Now - that is not to say we don't have something to offer people. You do. It's called Jesus and the Word. Simple. Right? It would be if the demi-god platforms were knocked down, and we stopped "helping" God help people. I'm telling you if we just returned to the basics of our faith, we might just stand a chance of becoming effective in the world again...

So, keep all this in mind if you dare to read what I'm going to share in the coming weeks. I'll be pointing us, as a Body, directly back to the Word. It's going to sting because to be blunt, there are MANY offenders in the Body of Christ, but if we truly want to be a bride without spot or blemish --- we've got to be wiling to face Truth and let it do its work in us.

I have said this before, but it bears repeating especially on the dawn of this series, I LOVE THE BODY OF CHRIST. If I didn't care so stinkin' much, I would live in my nice little bubble with my sweet family and not give it a second glance or a second thought. But the condition of the Body weighs heavy on me......... silence is not an option.

I truly pray you will step up with courage, and even now begin praying that God will give you open ears to hear what is to come over the next few weeks.

Loving you so very much, your sister in Christ,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment