Saturday, October 20, 2012

Andrew's First Attempt at a "Century"


Well, doggone.  I signed on to update my original post from this morning and somehow deleted it. Computers! Beh!  The long and short of my original post was that I took my eldest son this morning to meet with a mentor-friend.  It wasn't just "any" meet-up though; it was a meet-up to cycle... cycle one hundred miles.  After my own training for an Olympic triathlon over the past two months and counting, I have a whole new respect for his accomplishments to date. To date, he has ridden 60 miles (with the "big boys" going in excess of 30 mph!), but he has never attempted 100 miles.  I'm so proud of him for stretching himself further and further.  Between his passion, his talent, and his training, he continues to set his bar higher and higher.

Soar, son, soar!
I am SO proud of you!

Before the ride
After
This face says, "I am SPENT!"

Love this young man to pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment