Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Eve 2014



Really?  The end of the year has come at last!  What a year this has been in the Kirby household, but before a "year in review" - let's chat about today, shall we?

I awoke at my normal early hour and wasted no time in planning tonight's special dinner. Thereafter, I scampered to the food market. 

After securing the evening meal's ingredients, I arrived home, had a wonderful breakfast, said goodbye to two of our kiddos as they headed off to work for the day, and then settled down to my laptop.

On tap for today: a day of organizing our 2014 digital pictures and sending them off to the printers.  All 1400 + of them!  Yes, you read that correctly.  It has been a very, very active year in the Kirby household.  If not for the pictures, it would all seem a blur!

To keep me company, I chose to watch my cherished copy of the "Anne of Green Gables" trilogy.  I have seen it so often I can practically quote it, but I love it so. It is the perfect company!

Speaking of company, my husband has been vacationing with us since Christmas Eve.  It has been a rich blessing to have him with us day and night. Thank the Lord for time off, eh?

In the midst of all the blessings, there come changes aplenty this upcoming year.  Our eldest is now mere months from graduation, heading to college in the fall!  Our beloved daughter, having completed all her high school requirements, will simultaneously clock both her senior year of high school as well as her freshman year of college, beginning fall of 2015 as well.  And our youngest, well, he officially enters high school!

Well, this post was began this morning.... and ended now....  11:53pm.

Our family dinner was just as expected .... yuber yummy! And topped off with cannolis, thank you very much!  Have mercy!

Well -- I'm signing off!  Time to bring in the New Year with my family!  Oh, the JOY!  May your 2015 be full of growth and memorable experiences!

As for our "year in review" - here's a few snaps out of the 1400+  (grin) ...

(Click on the pictures to enlarge if preferred.)

January 2014

February 2014

March 2014

April 2014

May 2014
Prom - Sister and Brother

May 2014
BELOVED daughter's 16th birthday celebration!

May 2014

May 2014

June 2014: Father's Day
Celebrating a GREAT husband and father
July 2015
"Wake me when we get there."

August 2014: Panther's game in honor of V's 13th b'day!


September 2014: Brothers who share the same birthday
Then and now
Celebrating 13 and 18 years!
EXCEPTIONAL SONS!

September 2014
Andrew's first skydiving jump in celebration of his 18th b'day!

October 2014
November 2014

November 2014

November 2014
21 years and counting!

December 2014
Christmas morning

December 2014
Christmas morning

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment