Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Guard Your Soil

"They shall be My people, and I will be their God; and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them.  I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their heart so that they will not turn away from Me."   (Jeremiah 32: 38-40)

I have been pondering these words this week with focus. To emphasize my focus, I wrote part of it down in my memorization book; dedicated to retaining them to memory.

I challenge you to read back through these words S.L.O.W.L.Y.

Let God's commitment rest on you for FAR more than a moment.

Bringing this promise to Israel to me in today's time period is not a stretch for me.  I study the selective words He used to bring home His commitment to those who bend the knee to His Lordship and lay hold of His salvation.

I am a member of His people.

He is my God.

I believe Him to develop (ongoing) a single mindedness of one heart, one way with those I am in relationship... such that WE fear God... WE respect Him and His unsurpassed authority... for our good and the good of our children.

He has made and will uphold His everlasting covenant with me.

He will not turn away from me.

He will do good.

He will continue to nurture within my heart respect, fear, and admonition concerning Him and His character so that I will not turn from Him.... for my own well-being and those around me.

I don't know about you, but the more I meditate on Him, and in particular these words, the elements that would, with great fervor, seek to root anxiety and negativity into my being are denied access to my soil. Though they very well may continue to hover just above my soil, they are not permitted to root into my soil because I actively CHOOSE to meditate and believe HIM.  Remember with great diligence, whatever you allow to root into your soil WILL bear forth a harvest.

Therefore, choose this day what you will meditate on.....what you will permit to root in your soil.

Him or trials.

Him or discouragement.

Him or negativity.

It cannot be both.

Remember - HE - by His very nature - cannot inhabit the same space, just as light cannot share space with darkness.  It is one or the other.

Choose wisely, dear ones.  I know it is often a BATTLE.... sometimes, a battle of great paramount ...... but choose God.... then HOLD the ground ....GUARD the ground ....with ALL your might, knowing the TRUTH:

"YOU are from GOD, little children, and HAVE overcome them; because greater (oh, FAR greater) is HE who is IN YOU than he who is in the world!"   I John 4:4.

PEACE.







No comments:

Post a Comment