Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Housekeeping and Other

In case you were speculating about my "chattiness" lately, I'm back...for real.

I have shuffled my schedule around to allow a bit more breathing time in the mornings than my last few years have afforded me. 

That would be housekeeping item number one..... just simply stating I'll be around a whole lot more in the days to come, sharing my musings as lead.  

Housekeeping item number two.... a plug for flexibility.  I know.... weird, right?  But seriously, in keeping with the mindset to "move forward"... both literally and figuratively.... I have made adjustments again to my schedule to simply make time for morning stretching EVERY day; and boy, what a difference it has made in my over all feeling of well being.  The scientist in me always jumps at the opportunity to experiment... and this has been nothing but a positive experiment that will stay with me until I breathe my last. So, two thumbs up for morning stretching that has returned a serious degree of flexibility back to me!

As a side note to all my health and wellness cohorts -- the more active you are -- the more flexibility MUST be a part of your routine.  Muscles become tighter and tighter the more they are worked .... so be mindful to stretch them out.... daily!

Okay, moving on.

I've been pondering the effects of negativity a lot these days.  The older I become the more I am utterly REPELLED away from negativity. In my younger years, I combated the effects of negativity.  Now, wisdom has taught me that until Jesus returns negativity is going to be a RESIDING SPIRIT in this world.  To fight against it is folly.  A waste of time.  Jesus didn't waste His time... He AFFECTED those who desired change.  Those with a spirit of negativity that choose to remain negativity's sidekick seem to thrive off of attempting to infect those around them.  

Well, thank you, but no thank you.... keep those "germs" to yourself!

You see, I belong to the "camp" -- if you will -- that believes negativity has NO place in the Christian's life.  None whatsoever.  

Christ died..... full of faith that God would raise Him up.

Paul was imprisoned.... yet rejoiced in song.

John was exiled to an island......yet discovered his richest days and wrote one of the most profound books of the  Bible during his isolation.

I don't believe it is possible to have the Holy Spirit within and not be REPELLED away from negativity.  It's like oil and water. The more Christ-like we become, the more the spirit of negativity is polarized.  It's simply a by-product of Christ's nature.  He is not negative... therefore we are not to be negative.  It's truly that black and white.

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

"Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS. I will say it again; REJOICE."  Philippians 4:4

ZERO negativity.  ZERO critical-ness.  That's the goal.... and it happens by taking EVERY thought captivity (not just some of them some of the time).... by heavily monitoring our spoken word..... by repenting of our critical-ness (hello!) (in heart and word!)....and asking God to exchange more and more and more of us for HIM (the absolute ONLY way to overcome and rid ourselves of the negative spirit that dominates this world)... until we see as He sees... until we say what He says.... until we behave as He behaves. Period!

I truly pray YOU become a part of His camp. The more I ponder the spirit of negativity the more I think how utterly miserable it must be to trapped in such a camp....but I am reminded there is HOPE in Christ's words, "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."   (Luke 4:18-19)

It's your choice to embrace His offer of exchange .... bondage for freedom.... misery for joy.... blindness for sight.... negativity for.... well....HIM!   HE CAME and OVERCAME.  WE overcome and RISE ABOVE in HIM.  

Choose your camp wisely.....

Godspeed....always.




No comments:

Post a Comment