Wednesday, September 6, 2017

New Experience Wednesday


So, I did something this morning that I haven't done in about six years.... attend a ladies Bible study group...
a new ladies Bible study group.

I believe, to be honest, I talked more with God during the encounter than I listened.

It was far more of a challenge for me to simply be there.... even observing... than I ever thought it would be.

What struck me .... yet again... was just how diverse the Body of Christ is... but more specifically, the sisterhood of Christ.

"Where in the world do I fit, Lord?"

I KNOW I am not the only one to assess... seemingly endlessly... this ponderance.

The other day I was driving down the highway. Unusually, there were not any cars in sight for a good long distance.... so much so that the closest car in my sight seemed the size of a matchbox car.  Further still, my thoughts continued, "Lord, if that car is that tiny, how much tinier is the person driving it.  And further still, how crazy is it that You are mindful of the literal specks that make up humanity!?"

Frequently, I ponder my smallness, but it is not in the scope of pity or wishing I were bigger.

I actually believe that the realization of just how small I truly am magnifies God's greatness that He not only knows me.... but knows me on a cellular level..... atomic level.  That's truly awe-inspiring to this little, little sheep.  The Creator of the entire Universe knows me.... KNOWS ME.

Why?

Seriously....

There's that pop-culture Christian tune.... "Who am I that You are mindful of me?"

When I navigate down my stairs in the dark of the early morning..... and He quietly sits with me....I do not have the answer....

When I am in a ladies Bible study... and I feel Him slip up beside me, lean His ear in to my thoughts..... I do not have the answer....

When I have ten different people asking me ten different questions at work....and He quietly whispers, "Breathe, I am here."... I do not have the answer....

It is a mind....it's a soul... it's a spirit...it's the totality of a human being.... one lone sheep... that is stretched and simply will never...NEVER.....  go back to its old dimensions....

Forever grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment