Monday, June 14, 2010

Way past bedtime!

You know I am sitting here --- past midnight -- pondering. I am pondering in some deep places..... the kind of places that can only be reached in the night hours when everything becomes very still.

Tonight I talked on the phone with one of my very dearest friends. She and I go way back. I'm just telling you the phone is a dangerous thing between us. We easily spend an hour on the phone... and that is saying a lot, friends, because I do not do the phone in general.

Anyway, I was sharing with her the depths of my thoughts in recent days, and she remarked that she, too, had been on the same thought road in the spirit. (I just love that about she and I..... God just seems to have kept us on a parallel path all these years.) After an hour and twenty minutes.... and finally hanging up after eleven o'clock, I sat and marveled for a bit at the gift God brought into my life through her.

Then my thoughts went back to the themes I had been pondering earlier. One such theme was God as my anchor. Really all through the day this has been a theme of reflection. My hubby and I talked about it over breakfast this morning. I thought about it has I taught my children today deeper things about God, their Father. I thought about it earlier tonight as I watched an Apocalyptic movie with my family. And I thought about it while on the phone with my dear sister this evening.

What in the world do people do when they don't have a personal relationship with God? I simply cannot imagine it.

"The World of Unknowns" is actually not a bad place to live when you have the God of the Universe walking you through it. This particular world has been the world of my traverse for the past nine months. In reality, it is always our world. We just tend to try and fool ourselves with thoughts of the known. And I suppose for a number of people there are a number of known things about their day. However, I cannot be counted among them for God has had me in a place of literally not knowing diddle from one day to the other for months now...except His abiding presence.

I'll be real candid to say it is not for the weak at heart, but oh -- the gifts that await one willing to traverse such terrain are so far beyond earthly value! The top of the list is knowing ..... deeply knowing God as Anchor.... not just as pleasant words, or a comforting thought, or even an ethereal belief --- but a deep knowing that extends to every fiber of one's being when walked out day to day for months. When one truly and utterly gets this aspect of Father, and hurdles over the shock of countless unknowns, life becomes an adventure. And I am left with the profound understanding that "to know" would only spoil the journey.

I pray whatever you are facing you hurdle over the shock and find Him as your Anchor, too.

God's people should never live a life of the mundane. Father's habitation is at the edge; it is soaring above the clouds where revelations of His Being simply cannot be taken in with both feet planted on the ground.

"He found him in a desert land,
And in the howling waste of a wilderness;
He encircled him, He cared for him,
He guarded him as the pupil of His eye.
Like an eagle that stirs up its nest,
That hovers over its young,
He spread His wings and caught them,
He carried them on His pinions.
The LORD alone guided him,
And there was no foreign god with him.
He made him ride on the high places of the earth,
And he ate the produce of the field.."
Deut 32: 10-13

So very thankful He is the Anchor of my life......and the Anchor of my days......

Lead on, Precious One....
With pounding wings, I'll chase after You.
And when I can go no more, I'll give You praise,
for You carry me on Your pinions!


Have you left the safety of the ground yet?
If you have not as of yet, do not lose heart!
When He calls your name to take flight,
may you find the courage found only in Him as the Anchor to your being....
and soar, my sibling!

He'll not let you fall... this I know!

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment