Monday, June 7, 2010

Well needed rest.....

Good evening!

I am in a most delightful corner of the world... sitting with only the chirps of the evening birds and the occasional creak of my rocking chair to break the silence. I am taking a well needed break from life. Thank you, Lord, most sincerely.

You know in my moments of sitting in silence with God today I have been thinking just how blessed I am to know the people in my life. Relationships are such a blessing from Father. I think about some of the oldest relationships I have. The ones that have stood the test of time... that have shared the sunshine, weathered the storms, and stood firm with me to the other side to share the view of the rainbow. I think about the new relationships Father has brought into my life and those relationships yet to be made.

I have discovered things in the silence with Father that can only be discovered while "being still." The richness and the treasures of the silent places with Father always beckon my return time and time again.

In the silent moments of today, one of the things I became keenly aware of in greater measure is that although I certainly need my quiet moments of refreshing, I crave people -- not in a bad way -- but in an extension of Father's love-kind-of-way.

I love getting update emails from my siblings in Christ as they relay their own personal growth.... Shoot, I love that I actually know people who crave to grow! Praise Him for such desires as they have, and the intentional strides they take towards Abba!

I love taking time out of my often times busy schedule to have a cup of coffee with another, watching as an hour turns to three.... and realizing three hours is a far better treasure than the one hour would have been!

I love that Father is deepening my love and passion for my siblings with each passing day..... Do you know how my heart bursts for you?! If I have so much as a pinpoint of space gifted to me to encourage and love on you, then I consider myself blessed beyond measure... I mean that with everything in me!

I am thankful tonight to sit in utter silence with Father and have my thoughts turn towards you! Praise Him.... we love Him because He first loved us! Aren't you glad He found you? The God of the Universe reached down, found you, and offered you adoption through His Son's shed blood. I am thankful you accepted His offer! I am thankful you are my brother and sister in Christ! YOU are significant to Him...... You matter to Him..... You have a special place in Abba's heart. And we are FAMILY! Oh the thrill of belonging.... and not just to anyone.... but to the God of the Universe..... the Great I AM! I confess my heart is about to burst wide open!

I sure hope you take time, as I take time, to ponder His love and allow Him to expand your love for those around you. The world is starving for genuine agape love..... a love that gives unconditionally because we know what it is to receive Abba's agape.

Oh dearest sibling, I am thinking of you tonight and loving you. I pray Father's love and presence sweeps over you afresh right where you are.

As for me, I think I shall take an evening stroll with Papa and close out this day...... in silence.

Deborah

1 comment: