Saturday, August 28, 2010

God's Rest

This weekend will be a time where I crawl up in Papa's arms and rest. What a week this has been! I know many of you out there could echo my words! I have been gone every night this week and the days have been absolutely packed. There is thankfully a time to work and there is a time to rest. With my work completed for the week and with school starting on Monday with my children, rest is just absolutely mandated as a priority for the weekend. God's rest --- it is a marvelous thing indeed!

Yesterday, I made a day trip to my parents' home. Their home is like a personal retreat for me, and I can't express the joy I am wrapped in when there. With the passing days, my parents become more and more endearing to me! And then as if that was not enough of a treat yesterday, last night I spent the evening with a beloved sister in the Lord. I have not seen her since the end of last year! Way too long to be apart. I believe we both would agree email just doesn't convey the connect that seeing one another face to face brings!

Well, it is time for me to grab a bit of breakfast. I began watching "Anne of Green Gables" Thursday evening, so I believe I will continue that in the quiet of the morning....

Blessings to you!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment