Monday, September 6, 2010

Celebrating My Kinsman Redeemer

I have been studying and meditating on Ruth this morning. I simply marvel at the type and shadow of Boaz as Jesus. Boaz was Ruth's kinsman redeemer.... and praise Him, Jesus is ours! He covers the helpless and raises us up!

I took a bit of time in the latter morning to watch "Love Comes Softly." Again, another depiction of an obedient covering. Clark, kneeling at the riverbank, praying. He gets up and approaches Marty who has just buried her husband. He offers her shelter in exchange for a "woman's hand" for his daughter -- even offering to pay her passage back East in the Spring if that is what she desires. Having no where to go, she takes the offer. They wed, but honorably Clark moves out of the house and into the lean-to. From that point, there is depiction after depiction of love and understanding without corrupt expectations. Eventually Marty gives her whole heart over to Clark and their union truly begins.... Just an incredible story of covering the weak, helpless, and mourning.

I believe I will continue to just meditate, marvel, and bask in the knowledge that Jesus went to unthinkable measures to be my kinsman redeemer today. He is my knight in shining armor, and oh, how I love Him so!

Take a bit of time and read Ruth today!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment