Friday, December 10, 2010

Ornament Sharing Friday!

Today, I am going to share two out of three ornaments given to me yesterday by a precious sister. Two weeks in a row, two sisters who know not one another have brought me ornaments... precious ornaments. I can't possibly put into words what such acts have meant to me, but to say they have made a permanent mark upon my heart may give you a glimpse.

The visit from a friend is like water to my soul. I drink in each moment and always grieve their departure. Well, in addition to a visit which is gift enough, my friend, upon her arrival, handed me a small gift bag. Inside the bag were discovered to be three ornaments. She said, as I unwrapped the first two, "I couldn't bring you a tree, so I brought these instead."

A beautiful leaf and an acorn. Symbols of the oak tree.

I was deeply touched by the sentiment.

Then she said there was another ornament in the bottom of the gift bag that she made nearly 25 years ago.

Seriously?

When I unwrapped it, I was again deeply touched.

She said, "There were other angels I made, but they were blonde hair. God said to me,'No.The brown one is the one.'"

Seriously?

Again, my Abba has used one of my sisters to touch my heart in a way words cannot possibly convey ... to gift to me gifts most treasured. It was a delight to hang them on my tree in her presence. We found the perfect resting places for them!

I will value the ornaments from these past two weeks for a lifetime and pass them on to my children with the stories of their origins.

May you enjoy the sharing of my two "A's" ....

the acorn and the angel.

Abundant love to you today!
Deborah





No comments:

Post a Comment