Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A note I'm passing along....

This morning I wrote the following encouragement to a sister of mine who has small children. I well recall the days where I longed for ear plugs that prevented hearing the bickering, and the "mommy" this, and the "mommy" that. But alas, older moms know well, "This too will pass!"

So if you are a mother to young children, allow me to pass along a bit of encouragement to you today from me, a fellow sister and a fellow mother.

"I feel you, my sister. Life is demanding, now isn't it? 'Life cocoons' - as I call them - apply refinement pressure to net transformation. They often squeeze us to the outer limits, but with divine purpose, my dear. Divine.

I loved the brilliant demonstration of the (work) exchange! Love it! Experiencing other's trials is certainly eye opening. Continue those exchanges with *your children,* too. A significant part of our role as mothers is not to cover our children, but to work ourselves out of our 'job' as mothers by training them to do the very things we have done for them. I know you know this, so don't take these words as 'preaching' so much as confirming your path.

May I encourage you to not give in -- to not give up -- and to never cease pouring yourself out. But the pouring out is not to be an 'enabling pouring out' --- but an 'equipping pouring out' -- where we transfer our knowledge to our children for the purpose of putting THEIR action behind our teaching. At the very core, we - as their Christian parents - are their first 'God-trainers' they are to experience. We are the first ones that teach them 'be doers of the Word, not hearers only.' And that means we have to stand down, so they can step up! Amen! (Even in the seemingly mundane every day tasks. Recall the stewardship principle of being faithful with the small!)

I know it is tiring, but the dividends to teach them, and yes, often 'hound' them, WILL pay off far more than you 'doing' for them. As a mom of teens, let me say *it does work.* But 'seed, time, and harvest' doesn't come out of a microwave. There are no microwaves in God's Kingdom.... only slow cookers that apply constant, consistent pressure. We, as God-submitted- parents, are our children's first 'life cocoon.' And such cocoons do yield the most incredible transformations!

I just want to encourage you today, my sister, keep on the path. May God multiple exponentially the small moments of rest and deep exhaling moments, granting to you His gas to finish well. Yes, praise Him -- they do grow up! But by all means, know He is right there with you... ever ready to catch you up in His arms. He hasn't put you in this place for failure. Oh no, my dear! He has put you in this place because He knows you will succeed... even on the days when you think you have failed the worst! 'Greater is He who in you!' Loving you from afar! ♥"


I pray a flood of encouragement over all mothers with children still in the "nest!" Have a blessed day with your brood!

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment