Monday, October 31, 2011

Aim Higher!

With the turn of the weather to downright COLD, I ran on the treadmill this morning. Seven mile runs are becoming my norm, and it is down right surreal! I have discovered that coupled to my body becoming stronger, so too is my mind and my resolve about life precepts including and exceeding the physical fitness realm. Praise Him! I so enjoy God's lessons that cross multiply themselves in unforeseen ways!




I wholly pray that God uses this to challenge YOU to NOT listen to the nay-sayers (including quite possibly the loudest voice - YOURSELF) in your life. You can either walk the Word -"I can do ALL things through Christ" - or you can sit in a puddle of stagnation and throw a pity party for yourself, but you can't do both, and I don't recommend the latter! To ping-pong back and forth is a double-minded trap.... to be forsaken most earnestly! The message of God's triumph and how that triumph is walked out in people's lives is what I desire to deposit in others.

When Christians try, they operate in self; when Christians succeed, they operate in God. He never tries anything, but He succeeds in all things He purposes. This is the power that is available to us!

Seven miles is a personal victory to this gal who wasn't supposed to walk, but I'm not finished yet! ;o)

So, press on -- press up -- putting ACTION to the awareness God brings into your own life! May you aim a bit higher today than yesterday!

Have a fabulous Monday! And remember... today is a GIFT... open it with childlike zeal and gratitude... forsake grumbling and complaining!

"Do all things without complaining and disputing,
that you may become blameless and harmless,
children of God without fault
in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation,
among whom you shine as lights in the world,
holding fast the word of life..."
Phil 2:14-16


No comments:

Post a Comment