Friday, April 13, 2012

First Month

Today completes the first month to our new season. We are continuing to joyfully adjust and acclimate.

For one, our kitchen overhaul is just about to come to completion. They bring in the new counter tops week after next, and thus conclude the project. It turned out better than I imagined!

Secondly, Brian and I are making decisive moves to rest. Our schedule for the past two years has been, well, busy.
I awoke this morning aware my body was not at all ready to start the day. For the "go-getter" that I am, that is a potentially frustrating start to the day, but then I heard the Lord say, "Have patience, daughter; in a month, you'll be just fine." Okay, so His agenda for me in the next month is to rest.... literally to stop and smell the roses. I can work with that!

Third, school is wrapping up in five short weeks, completing my tenth year of home schooling. For the most part, it is a down hill run for me from here on out. At the end of the next five years, they all will be driving, they all will be out of braces, and two out of three will be in college. Can you tell I am just a little bit excited about the coming years?! I can hardly believe I have arrived at the harvest years. Sixteen years is a long time to sow, but SO worth it! God has been my Pillar and my Leader through my parenting years, and I cannot thank Him enough for my children and who they are becoming in Him!

Fourth, whispers from the west coast have blown my direction again! I can hardly contain my thrill! The organizer of last year's west coast conference has contacted me with a tentative proposal for another woman's conference this fall! Thank You, Lord, for how You continue to use Joy In The Morning! Cause us to steward it well, Lord; cause us to steward it WELL!

Fifth, speaking of Joy In The Morning, we will be shifting the website to another server in the next two weeks. Prayerfully, it will go off without a hitch, but should you attempt to access www.joyinthemorning.com and come up with an odd message, just know it is being worked out, and we'll back better than before!

And so, as I look to today, it thrills me to reflect back on a month of exceptional living. Much has shifted and changed... blissfully so.... and much is to shift and change in the coming months, but it is all welcomed and all good!

I praise the Lord for being Captain of the Kirby household. I praise Him for the leadership of my Godly husband, and the nest that man of mine has provided for me and our children. God's presence, purpose, and power invades our lives.... may it always be until I breathe my last and step across the death veil into His utter fullness!

Now all this means very little if I don't ask the question so solidly on my heart right now...... Do YOU know my God?
Do you know what it is to rest in Him? To have Him guide your days? To know of His presence, purpose, and power? Oh, how I pray you do!

I'm a person who does NOT want the world to see my blessings for the blessings' sake. NO! I'm one who wants people to know the source of my blessings and to know He longs to be their intimate Savior, their All-in-all. We are blessed to be a blessing, and the greatest blessing there is is to KNOW God as Lord and Savior. Life blessings come out of, first and foremost, a captivating love He extends to us and we then return in kind. Is your love for Him the kind that captivates Him? Or are you in it for what you can get out of it? How I pray it is the former and NOT the latter!

Too many Christians are stressed out, running about with an orphan mentality. They hand things over to Him, but when things don't go as they desire, they take control back in an effort to figure life out on their own. With much effort, they place on themselves the burden of having to make it work "somehow."

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of 1) turning your "life car" over to God, 2) finding the back seat of your "life car" and settling in to it, 3) making a conscience decision to grow and mature such that you are a good traveling partner for God.

A good traveling partner does not whine. They do not ask every few minutes for a break. They do not unbuckle and turn around, looking out the back window, lamenting "yesteryear." They do not fret if they have sufficient gas to make the journey, or what the weather will be like up the road, or, or, or. No, they know their Driver, and they rest in His awareness, His ability, and His provision to get them where He desires to take them.

The backseat truly is a peaceful habitation. I'll warn you though; it does not come natural to us "independent" humans! This is a part of what Paul said when he instructed us to take all things and place them under subjection to God! We are a work in progress, so understand, no matter where you are in your journey, 1) express gratitude for His hand upon your life, 2) express gratitude that through Him you will learn, grow, and mature, and 3) express gratitude that through your commitment to sit in the backseat and learn - you'll partake in lateral movement down your life road..... saying goodbye to circular motion that gets you no where but dizzy!

As He stops and picks up passengers, crossing your path with others daily, all He wants you to do is share Him with them!

So today, may you ensure that you KNOW Him. May you ensure that you are properly buckled into the backseat of your "life car," dedicated to being a good passenger. Then enjoy the journey as you are given opportunities to share Him with those temporary passengers He brings your way TODAY!

Life is to be an adventure!
Live it fully with Him and for Him!

Loving you!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment