Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Office

This afternoon I took the time to move partially back into my office. I dusted. I cleaned. I rehung pictures.Then I sat behind my desk and looked around.  I was reminded of the Scripture verses I wrote on the sub-floor when it was built... 360 degrees all the way around I am surrounded by His Word.  It is a special place.  Extremely calming.  It sits up on the second floor of my home, surrounded by windows.  The views are that of big beautiful trees. I will be unboxing hundreds of books in the month of May.  I can't wait to have them readily available and just in time for summer, too!

Everything... and I do mean everything ... in my office holds a message or a meaning to me.  Nothing is just in it for "decoration."  I could give a flying fig for "decoration" for decoration sake.

Space only becomes meaningful when it is filled with things of meaning.

Take this picture that God gifted to me when I began public speaking:



Or this picture He gifted to me right after "Beyond the Greenhouse" was published: (If you have read my book, you get why this is meaningful.)




Yes, these and more decorate my office.  Everywhere I look there is a richness of His presence... a gift He gave to me at a timely moment.  It is "our space".... and I love it!

You know, it's six o'clock.  I think I'll go close this evening out on "our hill" with Him.  I just wonder what He'll share.  Perhaps we'll just sit together. I can think of no other place I'd rather be, so you all take care and have a great evening.  If you haven't read the article posted today, pop on over to JITM's website and take a read.

And thank you; thank you for letting me share my special space with you!

Loving you,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment