Sunday, September 16, 2012

Thank you, Mom...

Once a year I watch the entire series of "Anne of Green Gables,"  gifted to me by my mother. Without forethought, I seem to watch it in the autumn.  Today it seems is "Anne" day. 

As I watch it, with hands wrapped around a warm cup of coffee, my mind wanders back over the years, particularly my formative years.  I cannot help but think on all the things, both tangible and non-tangible,  my parents have gifted to me through the years. This afternoon my thoughts dwell especially on my mother, most likely because she and I share a love of "Anne."

I am grateful to my mother for so much --  from her wisdom, to her forgiveness and grace,  to the high-bar of character she placed within me at a young age, to the simple joys of movies shared.  She has been and continues to be a wondrous treasure to me.

Mom, thank you for sharing so much with me.... for walking down the road of life hand in hand with me, a fiery daughter you did not necessarily ask for .... but most of all, thank you for never giving up on me!

Love you so very much, Mom!

"Her children rise up and bless her....
a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised."  
Proverbs 31


No comments:

Post a Comment