Sunday, May 28, 2017

Soul Smile

I arrived home from a lovely beach vacation.

Long awaited....long needed.

It was more .... more than I foresaw.

My attention .... hyper-acquired.

When time skips tracks to that of the different... the unfamiliar, time itself demands that I stop, survey, and study.

At the end of this week, comes my day of birth.

God sent my soul to this planet

I am captivated by that one thought.

Sent. Planned. Purposed.

Nearly a half century....lived.

LIVED.

Even as I begin to celebrate the completion of what was....

This past week gave me pause to celebrate that which is to come.

I sat on the beach.  There, He sat with me.

He has prepared me to "soul smile".... not just quick passing smiles that last but a flicker.... but the kind that comes home.... to roost.

Tenacity and fortitude out of necessity have been my constant companions these nearly fifty years.

Faithful comrades; they forever will be, readied, yet furloughed.

Jubliee came a touch early.

Adonai be praised......


Whatever will the next 50+ years hold....

With Him at the helm.... I can only imagine...

and smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment