Saturday, September 16, 2017

Milestone BirthdayS Again!

Trying not to sound too cliche, but you know - it is what it is.
It seems like it was only yesterday, we were here...

http://jitmblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/celebrating-my-sons-happy-birthday.html




No, no it does not; it truly seems like a thousand plus days have passed...just as they have!   Ha!

A LOT of ground has been covered in those 1095 days!

Eldest graduated high school, is now closing in on finishing his college degree, began his own business, remains an avid and talented cyclist, and found out Friday (early birthday present from above perhaps) that he very well may be granted a tremendous opportunity to be under the tutelage of one of the top, if not the top, companies in his field of interest and talent.  He only told his sister three times on Friday.... he's just a tad excited.....just a tad.  ;o)

        Fastidious, formidable, faithful
Three power words for my 21 year old!

Youngest hasn't been letting grass grow under his feet either. He's gone into and back out of braces since the last milestone birthday of thirteen. He's gone from middle school to high school, and next year he begins clocking college credits. He's rolled into and out of driver's ed, and now has his sights on his first car, though he'll be waiting until high school graduation as did his siblings. ;o)  He's grown well over six inches, and now at sixteen stands 6'3" tall.  And last but not least, he believes he has zeroed in on his (career) interest and where he desires to attend college.

Fierce, fun, faithful
Three power words for my 16 year old!

So.... all that said....THIS is happening.....(well, it will be as of tomorrow (Sunday))....



There is no nostalgia. Thank God MOST sincerely, He taught me long ago to savor and soak in the moments of life when they occur, and by doing so, there is no wishing years back.

As a cherished friend would say, "Shoot fire ants" (I have no idea what that means - but I laugh every time I hear her say them!) ....I wouldn't wish my sons backwards for anything!

They are INCREDIBLE young men.  Men with vision, tenacity, smarts, and deep character roots. 

No - no going backwards, dear sons!

I pray for them only A FORWARD-FACING ETERNITY (It's all anyone really has!), vigorously continuing to GROW towards and into the One who gave them this cherished gift called LIFE.  

With strong wings, FLY, my sons, to heights only He can take you!  

I will love you until I breathe my last.... and on into eternity.......

♡Mom♡
                                          


1 comment:

  1. Happy happy birthday to Andrew and Victor! You have every right to rejoice, celebrate, and indulge in well earned bragging rights! God is good!

    ReplyDelete