Friday, September 8, 2017

Your Life... Live It; God's Way!

We all have "confines" in life.  For some, those confines are translated through action as cliffs or, at the very least, road blocks....aka: hindrances.   For some, they are simply backpacks of treasures.

It's all in one's perspective.

I recall when my eldest child was born. He was but three days old, and I was out running errands with him.... good ole Walmart, even.  Same week, I remember a few people making a big deal as I toured our church at the time -- under a bit of construction -- nursing my newborn as I walked around... covered, of course.  "Multitasking" they called it.  I simply called it life. I never saw him as an impedance, but  rather a treasure that I would guard and cherish for as long as this life endured.

If we take a moment and examine with great candor our internal mind and heart, how do we see those around us on a daily basis?

I know that most -- if given a quick thought -- would likely say "blessings".... BUT, if we examined... truly examined... how we interact with those "blessings" around us, our actions may very likely convey "burden".

What a tragedy.

Recently, I had a conversation with a precious lady who is also a mother.  Her heart was heavy because her husband's habit as he comes through the door is to start in on the kids... what they have or have not done... what they are or are not doing.  She said, "I have started intercepting him at the door and saying, 'Just say hello to them.'"

Mercy.  Think about what that father is conveying to his children.  Think about what he is NOT conveying to his children. His tension and negative energy have become the home's tension and negative energy, and the hearts of those in his care are receiving the clear message that they are burdens and not blessings.

Blessings or burdens.....  treasures or encumbrances...

Are you valuing what God values; or are you sending out action messages that those around you are burdens?

I went to see "Home Again" today.  I neither condone the movie nor condemn it, but I will say there was a scene in the movie where the ex-husband flies cross country and announces, "Oh, how I have missed you! Please give us another chance."  (Paraphrased...I cannot recall the exact verbiage.)  It struck me; he missed what she brought to his existence.... when, if he had flipped it around years back and seen her as a blessing to sow into, he probably wouldn't have found himself in the painful situation.  

Why does it often take loss before our eyes are open?

To one and all.....it's your life...no arguing that point.... but permit me to ask....

Are you living it with GOD's value system.... where people are blessings, not burdens... worth ALL the time and resources we can possibly give them.... (Remember with fierce remembrance, He spared NOT His own son.... His only son....for our sake; setting the value system bar in its Divine place.....leaving NO question concerning His expectation of us)........OR are you living in accordance to the world's system... where the desire is to minimize and marginalize everyone who is perceived as a drain on personal time, mental energy, and resources?

As I continue to drill home the point.... it's your CHOICE... but remember with fierce remembrance, EVERY choice has consequence.....
Choose WISELY.








No comments:

Post a Comment