Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Transition Season Underway

This summer...a mere three months away...will mark five years.  Five very demanding years in corporate America as the Director of Human Resources at a highly successful, nationally known business.  Who saw that coming six years ago?  Not I, I assure you!

I am very proud of what has been accomplished during my tenure, but greater still, I stand in awe at what God graciously poured out.  I'm not hardwired to give anything less than my best to whatever I put my hands to... and this season has been no exception.... it was no exception for God either; always His best... always.

He demonstrated, yet again, good things come when we co-labor in obedience with Him.  That said, God has made it clear, much to my CEO's chagrin, that a transition season is underway.

I have selected my successor, though I have not determined exactly when I will officially hand the baton over.  I will determine the "when" as God brings that aspect into focus. Until that appointed time, my successor will be a huge, huge asset as I begin reassessing and redirecting my time and attention.

For the immediate, He is leading me into a season of recovery and reflection, a different kind of "R&R".  It will be structured and cocooned; insulated and divinely protected from the clamor of the outside world. I do have a solid sense that on the other side of this recovery and reflection season awaits energy and purpose as I have yet to know. That knowledge alone gives needed oxygen to this mere flicker of The Flame.

Who knows.... maybe you'll actually see more of me here, including trite and trivial entries from every day living.  I haven't taken the time to do that since 2013!  So here's to sharing ... to whatever degree.  Perhaps I'll even find YOU here on the pages.... leave a comment...even if it's a brief hello!

Here's to serving our grand God as He directs! So very, very thankful for Him... AND His family!

In Him, For Him, and By Him always....

Deborah




No comments:

Post a Comment