Friday, March 8, 2019

Discoveries of Old

Last night, as I was looking for a particular book, I discovered a letter I had written in 2003, outlining the beginning conception of Joy In The Morning.  It was an ordained discovery of extended proportions.

Still I persisted to find the book I sought, and once found, I opened it.  Psalm 31:15 was a part of the text that leapt off the page:  "My times are in Your hands."

The two items now divinely coupled together were more than my finite mind could absorb.

Glory!  So thankful for the lifeline of His Word and His Spirit!

I, like many of you, wrestle with the manner of how days, weeks, months, and perhaps even years unfold. None of the elements are under any one individual's control, but I find deep resounding solace that they are all under God's sovereignty.

Life's righteous challenge is persistently seeking God's pleasure through personal responsibility and obedience while entering into His rest through the gateway of His sovereignty and His character.

It's a high bar to be certain; and one that unfortunately many won't even attempt to hit once; much less dedicate an entire lifetime to mastering.

Fifteen years may seem like a long time, and without argument, a lot of life has indeed been lived.  But even now, I answer His call to look under the surface at the many seeds He has asked me to mindfully place into the ground He bestowed unto me.  I don't know when, but according to who HE is and what HE has spoken a beautiful harvest IS coming.

I encourage those who have faithfully planted.  God has not and will not forget the seeds you have sown, and though we, the sower, do not determine the yield, a yield will come!

"Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well."  Ecc 11:6

I encourage those who have yet to begin sowing righteous seeds of personal responsibility and obedience. Get on with it! Man up; woman up! Time is short!

"Whatever you do, do it with all your might. For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom."  Ecc 9:10

Aim for the highest bar;
for He is and forever will be The Great I Am!

I will betroth you to Me forever;
I will betroth you in righteousness and justice,
in love and compassion.
I will betroth you in faithfulness,
and you will acknowledge the Lord.
Hosea 2:19-20


Your sister in Christ,
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment