Saturday, September 9, 2017

Peace or Hurricane?

Fall is upon us!  This thrills my soul to pieces!

I stepped out early this morning to walk the pups, and there it was... the crisp morning air I have long awaited.

Every year, I wait for this morning.  

We went slow.

Each step an inhale...an exhale.

I relished the moments.

The external peace reverberated with my internal peace.

This is not always the case with humanity.

Even now Hurricane Irma is bearing down on Florida.  Not at all the picture of external peace.

But I pause and ponder..... how many people live their lives with a hurricane within?

I believe the numbers are vast.

Christ left us with these powerful words.....

"PEACE I leave with you; MY peace I GIVE you.  NOT as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled; neither let them be afraid."  John 14:27

Did you catch the specific wording He chose?
Action words... decision making words.

He gave....but just as in His gift of salvation.... the CHOICE to utilize His gift is up to you.  Clearly you can choose anxiety, restlessness....the internal hurricane.  BUT, the good news is... as HIS child, He DID leave you a choice: His peace.  (First, you must receive His gift of salvation though; let's be very clear on that point.)

Ah, His tranquility residing internally.   Now, there is a GIFT!

As always, choose wisely today, siblings-in-Christ.

WITH Christ, you are NOT subject to your external NOR your internal angst.

Godspeed....always. ♡


No comments:

Post a Comment