Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catch Up!

Did you think I fell off the edge of the world? I am glad to report I have not!

My time has been absorbed in legalities, making sure Joy In The Morning's "t's" are all crossed and "i's" are all dotted. It has been no small undertaking, but profoundly worth while. If the foundation is not shored up and secure, nothing long-lasting can be built.

I was just prompted by God to pull out Joy In The Morning's official legal documentation. Do you know what I discovered? The "babe" is almost one year old! On January 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Joy In The Morning Ministries, Inc was officially birthed as the date and time were recorded by the Secretary of State. Can you believe I even have a TIME of birth? I didn't even know I had such thing until RIGHT NOW because I was "in the moment" last year. Birth is an intense process, let me tell you!

How surreal to think back on all God has done in a year's time. I am overwhelmed as I sit here with this revelation God has just brought before me. What will I be able to write about next year when the "babe" becomes a toddler?

[Precious Lord, please continue to shape me into a person You can trust to go the distance with You. I can't fathom stopping..... I just can't.]

I have missed writing. I have missed having the time to share "God-nuggets" with you! But as of today, I am done with my "t" crossing and "i" dotting.... at least for awhile. (As my mom would say, "I have eaten my turnip greens!")

I am sure I will have other things to learn and plenty more to do as I go on down this path mapped out by God, but I feel His pleasure right now. It is a good place to stop and soak for a bit, to rejoice and acknowledge all He has done. It is as if He is saying, "I know you didn't care to do all that, but it opens the door to move forward now."

We must be found faith-full and obedient with what we are already given before He will permit us to move on. To do anything other is "bad parenting" on His part.... something He is completely incapable of doing!

I have, through the courses of "turnip greens" in recent weeks, had a bit of pleasure, however. This past weekend I took my daughter to a friend's horse ranch. Over a hundred acres of heaven on earth! He is a college friend that God has caused to come across my path again after 20+ years. What makes this reunion extra special to me is the following. Since childhood, I have dreamed of having a horse named "Chester." I can see him so clearly in my mind, but I am no artist, so I only used to have a picture of him in my mind. I never said a word to anyone about Chester. In fact, to be real candid, I thought he would simply remain in my heart.... a hidden treasure of sorts. Well, one day, about a month ago, I mentioned Chester to my very best girlfriend. I believe the conversation was sparked by my daughter's ever growing love of horses, and her desire to own a few in her future. A few days after mentioning Chester to her, this came in the mail.


Everyone, meet Chester!

Turns out, she was shopping that night we were conversing on the phone... the night Chester was shared with her. She said that as we talked she found herself on the toy aisle of the store, and stopped dead in her tracks, looking eye to eye at Chester. She said there were other horses there on the shelf, but she knew he was it. She knew it was God's desire for her to get it and send it to me. BUT, I was totally unaware of this until I opened the package that came in the mail! So you can imagine my shock! What is extra special to me is I didn't describe Chester's appearance to her, but this model nails him exactly how I have seen him in my mind all these years. Isn't that just like God? What this precious gift speaks to me is "never give up hope.... never."

Well, a few weeks after receiving this little gift, which by the way, sits on my bedroom dresser, God brought the re-connection with my college friend. I could not believe it when I discovered he is a third generation horseman, full of knowledge and connections. My daughter and I traveled this weekend to spend time on his farm while my husband spent time with our two sons. I kept saying to my friend on Saturday, "I just had no idea. I just had no idea" (that he was into horses). Over lunch, I mentioned Chester to him, and he immediately (without me asking) said, "Send me a picture so I can be on the look-out for Chester." He was serious! And my heart skipped a beat. Now, had this happened before my girlfriend mailed me Chester, I would have stumbled all over myself trying to describe him. But, now I have a picture I can send him!

Over 30 years of being content with Chester in my mind and heart I could hardly believe that just maybe God would bless me with tangibly having him in the not too distant future. Oh, to hug Chester's big neck would be the full realization of a childhood dream come true. We will see where all this goes, but God's tangible gift to me once again confirms He sees the deepest, unspoken dreams of my heart ..... like was there ever any doubt? Seriously? But the joy of that tangible little horse on my dresser just brings it a bit closer to the surface.... you know?

Someone a few weeks ago said something negative to me about the possibility of having Chester one day because of where we live and what I do. But as soon as they said what they said, I said, "If you only live in the now, now is all you will ever have." When I said those words, I knew it was God speaking those words through me. Truth. Unmistakable truth.

Someone needs to reread that. Is that someone you?

"If you only live in the now, now is all you will ever have."

I live by faith based on my heart's desire being bent to Father's heart. Back years ago I didn't see in the natural how God was going to do what He placed in my heart to do, but at the time I was compelled spiritually to believe Him over what was my "now"..... and yes, even in the face of negativity and doubt from others. My life today is surrounded by things that were solidly birthed in that faith sphere, and as long as He keeps saying "Believe Me, daughter, believe Me" -- I will be found believing Him for what I do not see, yet hope for. (Hebrews 11:1) Amen?!

Well, I am glad at least for the time being I have a clean plate with no turnip greens to eat. I trust you, too, will be found obedient and faithful in the things He asks of you.... understanding that whatever is on your plate is for your good to those who are in Christ Jesus. Dig in! The sooner you begin "eating," the sooner your plate will be empty too! And you know what follows the meal, right? Dessert, of course!

And as for faith and hope, remember my words I spoke a few weeks go:

"If you only live in the now, now is all you will ever have."

Choose a life that is lived by faith and not by sight!

Loving you today!
Deborah

PS: Quickly I'll now share the picture of the necklace that was sent to me back a few months ago. You can read about it HERE. For those who have read my book, isn't it just perfect? I smile every time I see it.... such a treasure. May we all grow where we have been planted and rise up as living testimonies to God's realness, love, and promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment