Sunday, October 8, 2017

Let Life "Rest" on You

As I was spending such sweet time with the Lord this morning, I exhaled.... and the Lord set my life down into my lap like a fluffy pillow.  I know that sounds odd, but I know of no other way to describe it.  I sat. Eyes closed. I inhaled. I exhaled. Again, this awareness "rested" on me that life is so sweet... such a tremendous GIFT from above.

Now, before you get so much as a single step down the path to assuming my life is perfect - exactly as I always hoped or imagined - let me stop you.  I won't riddle you with the details of my life, but daily I pick up my cross, carry it, and move forward.  God has my tears in His bottle and recorded in His book (Psm 56:8), but I rejoice because His vows are binding upon Me, He has delivered me, kept my feet from stumbling so that I may walk with Him in the light of the living! (Psm 56:12-13)

Perspective is everything.  Not nine tenths... not ninety percent... but 100%.  Don't believe me?  Look at the disciples who lost not their joy UNTO death... and not a natural death.... but a taking of their life by those that hated and despised them and the message of the Gospel.

Such a thing is NOT possible without God.

I opened the Word in the early hours this morning and immediately my eyes read, "He brought me out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." (Psm 40:2)

Have you ever stood upon a rock at the ocean's edge?  Waves crashing about?  It's a breath taking place to stand.

Or have you ever stood upon a high rock at the dessert's edge?  Miles of land laid out way beneath one's feet?  That too is a breath taking place to stand.

Life is like that with God. If you let Him, He'll shine His omnipotent perspective on your life.  From that moment forward, one's perspective can never return to that of doom or pity.  He is purposed in ALL His ways.... and some how.... completely without explanation....He alone possess the ability to make life, regardless of circumstances, rest upon you like a soft pillow.

I pray you are nurturing your relationship with Him.  Don't undersell Him by insultingly looking at Him as your "get out of misery" card.  Let His glory shine in the midst of your difficulties....let the fruit of the Holy Spirit radiate beyond the boundaries of the difficulties....and let Jesus place you in His footprints, showing you His perspective .... it'll change you......forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment