Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day to day...

So you wonder what has transpired in the Kirby household in the recent past "behind the scenes"?

In the past few days, I have been enjoying mostly days of rest - much needed rest.

Praise be, my sleep clock has been re-set back to normal. I cannot tell you how thankful I am for this, and the rapidity by which it happened truly blesses me! In the past week, I too have returned back to my exercise routine that I have missed terribly in recent months due to the demands of life and work. It has been a very good week indeed.

Now let me sort of go back in time a bit... You will see why in a moment...

Approximately six to eight weeks ago, things really heated up around my home. The trials were significant, but in the scope of the book being taken across the finish line, I cannot say I was surprised in the least.

Just as one example: in the past six weeks, my husband's front car axle has had to be replaced three times, a water coolant hose busted with him on the highway, and a head gasket blew (again, on the highway). This from a car that has historically given us ZERO problems! Progressively the harassment increased as I approached the finish line with the book. (It almost became laughable....almost.)

The head gasket blew two Wednesdays ago .... the very week I sent the book to the publisher for printing. Dear husband called, "I'll handle things on my end; you handle things on your end." Love him for that! Unreal determination arose as I worked crazy "round the clock" hours-- but I came across my finish line that very Thursday evening, July 1st.... greatly rejoicing!

One very interesting tidbit is that our house (which is on the market) has not shown at all in weeks. In the midst of all the craziness, I awoke one morning with the thought, "I need to clean the house in case someone calls to view it." Then I heard God say, "No need, no one is going to come look at it." Although I thought that was odd, I confess was greatly relieved to have that burden removed. No one called to view the house in the following weeks, until.... the morning AFTER I sent my book off. I am not kidding!!

I was on my way home from visiting the Farmer's Market with my kids on July 2nd -- after sending the book back to the publisher on July 1st. The phone rings with people wanting to view the house July 3rd. Are you kidding me? I just chuckled.... and I heard Father say, "I have your timing in My hand..." "Yes, Abba --I am thankful...so very thankful! And in You, I find my rest!"

In the past week, all the repairs have been accomplished, my sleep cycle has been restored, and I am preparing for the next phase of this journey.

A walk of faith is certainly the only way to walk this life out!
It is not to be a walk we strive in -- but that we seek to discover His current and simply ride it to places only He can take us.

If you plot and plan, you will lose.
If you play it safe, you will lose.
If you fret, you will lose.
If you disobey, you will lose.

BUT when you do things His way in His rest, you can't help but win because He is the greatest Champion there is!

"....let us lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith....." Heb 12:1-2

Radical living happens a day at time when we determine to take life trials and endure in His strength, determining to grow through the trials. Such living brings Him incredible joy! When we set our eyes on Him, our harassers depart -- and Father's smile and His affirming words follow!

I know I posted this song earlier -- but it has repeatedly been in my heart and soul. May you listen to it afresh! Press on, dear sibling, fixing your eyes on Jesus..... for His pleasure alone is a tremendous reward indeed!



Loving you today! And praying oodles of encouragement in your own walk!

Walk on, dear one -- walk on!

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment