Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Labor and the Waiting Room

Okay -- so, perhaps I am coming up for air... perhaps.

On Friday, I received an email from the publisher to expect the book back for review from the printers Tuesday. God is SO good to me with the timing!! So very good!

Dear hubby was going to be in town Monday (long story), and I knew I wouldn't want to be working on the book. God did too! Almost like clock work, he left after supper on Monday, and about an hour later, I received an email with the book laid out by the printers.

You guessed it. All day today I have been combing the book with a fine tooth comb for any errors. I found a few and faxed them back to them. Are we ever close! I know you may be weary of hearing that, but we truly are!

You can't imagine how I want this in your hands already!

Today -- TODAY -- marks the nine month point. Nine months ago today I came home from running my elder son to an art lesson, only to discover a curious message on my machine that set my course for the past nine months. It said, "Hi, I am ****. You don't know me, but someone told me that you wrote a book associated with your ministry. I contacted someone on your behalf and they are expecting you to contact them." The short of the story is that 24 hours later I was meeting the someone off a plane. Not just anyone, mind you. As we left our over two hour meeting with the someone, my husband said, "If we were in real estate, that would be likened to sitting down with Donald Trump!" Indeed.

Ten months. Ten months of patient release as the book sat in my filing cabinet, honestly wondering if Father would ever choose to use it. Never a publisher called. Never a step of striving. Just waiting for the "when" to Father's timing. And here I sit.... nine months later... on the verge of giving birth literally to a book spoken into my spirit several years ago. Surreal does not even begin to cover what I am feeling.

God is at work even when we are at rest. Aren't you thankful!? I know I am!

It has been a long nine months, as are most pregnancies .... and the push right here at the end has been so unreal that I must liken it to euphoria!

I suppose that "big authors" have people who do everything I have done in recent months for them. But you know, I am thankful for the full experience. It gives me a tremendous appreciation for what it takes to get words between a cover! The experience has been invaluable!

So will you keep pacing that waiting room floor a bit longer?
It really is on the way! Believe you me! (hee-hee-blow, hee-hee-blow) :o)

Loving to you tonight........
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment