Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Rhythm... It's a Fine Thing!

I woke up stinkin' early Monday morning.... like 4:00 early, thank you very much... with a revelation. (I just love waking up to His intimate presence... like He is just waiting for my eyes to open so He can say, "Good morning, my dear.")

For the past year, I have felt -- well, "out-of-sync" a bit. I lost my rhythm at this time last year through a major shift God brought to our family. And while A LOT has been accomplished this year to His glory, I have missed "rhythm" being a part of my life. But a God-shift brings a new season, a new season brings growth, and growth brings a new rhythm. Oh the thrill at 4:00 am Monday morning when God woke me up with the gift of a new rhythm. As such, it is already impacting myself and my children.

I haven't set an alarm clock in years. (Thank you, Mom, for instilling in me an internal alarm clock!) But I now find God has set my "early wake up time" to an even earlier wake up time. (I don't mind; I actually love that He jealously enjoys our time together as much as me!) After our one on one time together, I fix breakfast and then call the children to rise for the day at a set time. We have breakfast together, devotions together, exercise together, and then hit the books by 9:00 am. Our goal is to have school completed at 2:30 and have "snack time" together. No one gets snack until everyone has finished their school work.. (grin) ... Let just say it facilitates diligence. (double grin)

Thereafter, whatever I am doing -- unless I give them free time -- they are doing with me. Yesterday afternoon, we all pitched in and got over half the garage in order. Today, we will hit the other half. Our goal is to make half of our garage into our work-out area. We have a treadmill, located now in the master bedroom. We have a weight bench and weights, located now in my eldest son's bedroom. But we all agree it is time to pull it all together so we can more easily work-out as a family. We are stoked! We have made it our goal to do an "-atholon" together of some sort in the next six months. Whoooha!

So, praise HIM;
Mama's got a NEW rhythm, and it is a FINE thing indeed!

If anyone knows anything about me, it is that I am not a person who defaults to "the slack"... and I never permit those who surround my life to do so without encountering the highest form of resistance possible from me! At the core of my being is "All things are possible.... in Christ Jesus!" Period! As such, I have raised my children that ceilings are meant to be busted through ....

There are to be no barriers between us, God, & our purpose,
No "can'ts" .... no "won'ts" ... no nothing;
ONLY purpose, passion, and persistence.

I have written this, said this, taught this,
and with dedication, set out to live this!

Reflecting back, I see last November that I encountered a ceiling.... and through an incredible God-shift that ceiling was busted through. Over the last year, I was gifted with growth. And on Monday, I was gifted with my new rhythm!

"Onward, troops... onward!"

Are there ceilings you need to bust through? Don't be content to live at the ceiling! To do so is to squander life!

With God, bust through, siblings...
Live a dedicated life of purpose, passion, & persistence!

A God-shift brings a new season,
a new season brings growth,
and growth brings a new rhythm...

Praise Him!

Love to you,
Deborah

PS: A new article is coming in the next 24 hours to the website! Be on the look out! It's called "Dying Roses."

1 comment: